St Albans Old General Cemetery
holds inscriptions dating from 1833 and includes at least one First Fleeter, William Douglass. The last burial appears to have taken place around 1920. There are many sandstone monuments, some eroded and some broken and fallen but mostly erect and legible in good light. A certain amount of restoration can be seen here and there throughout the cemetery and memorial plaques with additional information have been added to some of the old stones. The grounds were in excellent condition when the cemetery was surveyed.

St Albans Old General Cemetery is 4.5km south of the village of St Albans on Settlers Road. Either travel across Webbs Creek Ferry (River Road) and follow all the way to St. Albans Bridge, turning right head over the bridge (past the Rural Fire Service Station) turn right into street in front of pub and first right again. You will be then on the other side of the river heading back towards Wisemans Ferry on Settlers Road.    Alternatively you can go across the other ferry which exits from Old Northern Road – go across and turn left onto Settlers Road driving towards St. Albans. Approx 20min drive.

 

St Albans Old General Cemetery Inscriptions
The number of inscriptions for this cemetery is 85
The number of inscriptions with headstone image(s) is 85
The listing was last updated on 2011-11-16
The listing was complete as at 2011-04-11

Most Common Surnames

Sort by name
Thompson
14

Sternbeck
11

Fernance
7

Morris
7

Walker
6

Preston
5

Jurd
5

??
4

Fleming
4

Bailey
2

Hopkins
2

Upton
1

Johnson
1

Douglas
1

Smith
1

Alexander
1

Twible
1

Welham
1

Perkins
1

Johnson?
1

Fletcher
1

Brian
1

Bradley
1

Sheen
1

Anderson
1

Whitelaw
1

Chubbet
1

T
1

Bond?
1

×
img

    Get In Touch

    Contact Info

    Phone number

    0408 011 193

    Email address

    info@wisemans.org.au

    FERRY OPERATION

    24 hours – 7 days a week (except Webbs Creek)

    Webbs Creek Ferry (River Road)

    Service day: ferry services will not operate on the first Tuesday of every month between 9.30am to 12:00pm. Use the Wiseman’s Ferry during these times.