St Albans New General Cemetery appears to have been established in the late 1880s, the earliest inscription extant being dated 1887.

It replaced the original cemetery in Settlers Road and is still in use. There is a good range of monumental styles and wrought iron grave surrounds to be seen. Most of the monuments are in good condition for age, upright and legible. The site is maintained in good order by Council.

St Albans New General Cemetery is on the eastern side of Wollombi Road, 1.2km north of the village. Inscriptions

The number of inscriptions for this cemetery is 266
The number of inscriptions with headstone image(s) is 265
The listing was last updated on 2011-07-28
The listing was complete as at 2011-07-09

Most Common Surnames

Sort by name
Thompson
49

Bailey
45

Jurd
31

Sternbeck
18

Walters
13

Fleming
11

Rose
10

Fernance
8

Chapman
8

Robinson
7

Bernsdorff
7

Morris
6

Walker
4

Butler
3

Smith
3

Gilbert
3

Perry
3

White
3

Gunn
2

Lincoln
2

Humphery
2

Cornwell
2

James
2

Musson
2

Melohn
1

Donovan
1

Brand
1

Cavanough
1

Williams
1

Maugissi
1

Zammit
1

Falk
1

Joyce
1

Ransom
1

Dickin
1

Redding
1

Emery
1

Ferreira
1

Roy
1

Martin
1

Hearne
1

Easton
1

Hunt
1

Moore
1

Ingham
1

Markus
1

×
img

    Get In Touch

    Contact Info

    Phone number

    0408 011 193

    Email address

    [email protected]

    FERRY OPERATION

    24 hours – 7 days a week (except Webbs Creek)

    Webbs Creek Ferry (River Road)

    Service day: ferry services will not operate on the first Tuesday of every month between 9.30am to 12:00pm. Use the Wiseman’s Ferry during these times.